Melbourne Gay & Lesbian Bars & Clubs
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
- Open every Thursday night from January 2nd – 9pm till late
- Where: Club London, 11 Fitzroy St, St Kilda, Melbourne
- Club London, 11 Fitzroy St, St Kilda, Melbourne
- Camp pop music, drags, a place to get fabulous!
- Facebook: KampMelbourne
- Twitter: KampMelbourne
The GH Hotel
- 1 Brighton Road, St Kilda
- Home to some of Melbourne’s most highly acclaimed drag shows on Saturday nights, the GH Hotel hosts a mixed crowd, unique to St Kilda. Thu: Drag Bingo Doggy Style; Fri: King Victoria Drag Kings & Bitch Fridays; Sat: Classic Sat Night drag shows. (4pm till late on Thu, Fri; 2pm till late on weekends)
- Website: www.ghhotel.com.au
- Facebook: ghhotel
- Twitter: ghhotel
- Youtube: ghhotel
Kaye Sera’s BiZARRE
108 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda
A petite piano lounge in the back of a quirky second hand shop in St Kilda, Melbourne’s most eclectic suburb. Named after local drag identity Kaye Sera, this performance venue brings new meaning to the word intimate with seating for just 45 patrons. The atmosphere is warm and nostalgic with guests treated to cosy, parlour style shows with all the trimmings. It’s a little bit like seeing a show in your own lounge room – this is the closest you are ever going to get to live cabaret.
The Cool Kids Club
- For something that’s a little bit different than your average gay night check out The Cool Kids Club in Chapel St, South Yarra.
- Where: Pawn and Co, 402 Chapel St, South Yarra.
- When: Every Thursday night
- Facebook: PawnThursdays
- Facebook Event: Event Details
Priscilla’s @ 153
153 Commercial Road, South Yarra
Priscilla’s is different to the traditional bars you may find in the area, providing a warm, safe, friendly environment plus great entertainment and music. Open Wed 8pm till late; Thu 9pm till late; Fri & Sat 9pm till 3am.
147 Commercial Rd, South Yarra
Join the mixed but predominantly gay and lesbian crowd at this sophisticated cocktail lounge and bar.
238 Whitehall Street, Yarraville
The West’s Best Kept Secret! Open 7 nights a week with meals served every night.
Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy
- 164 Church Street, Richmond
- DTs is Melbourne’s premiere gay pub, in the traditional sense of the word pub, with a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for all. Open Tuesday to Sunday.
- Facebook: dtspub
51-55 Gipps Street, Collingwood
Presenting the most diverse cultural treats and memorable parties for fun-lovin’, adventurous folks featuring cabaret, comedy, drag kings, fetish, baroque and everything in between.
The Laird Hotel
149 Gipps Street, Collingwood
The Laird Hotel is a name well recognized throughout the gay world. It’s the bar a guy goes to when he wants to meet real men. Open every night.
Cnr Johnson and Brunswick Streets, Fitzroy
Libation offers a blend of bohemian flavours with the sophistication of an exquisite lounge. Open every day (from 4pm Mon – Thu; from 2pm Fri – Sun).
185 Smith Street, Fitzroy
Neverwhere aims to provide a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for everyone and is inclusive of all. Proud supporter of the GBLTIQS community. Open Thu 7pm till late; Fri 7pm – 3am; Sat 8pm – 3am; Sun 5pm – 11pm.
The Peel Hotel
- Cnr Peel and Wellington Streets, Collingwood
- Dance/Pop tunes with all-boy shows on Fridays and drag shows on Saturdays.
- Website: www.thepeel.com.au
- Facebook: The Peel
The Glasshouse Hotel, 51-55 Gipps Street, Collingwood
She Bar is a women’s only night held on the second and fourth Saturday of each month especially for Melbourne’s Lesbian and Bi-women’s community. She Bar provides fun and a friendly atmosphere with regular live acts, female DJs and special events.
103 Smith Street, Fitzroy
Sircuit is predominantly a gay man’s bar situated in Smith Street Fitzroy (between Peel & Gertrude Streets). The bar has free entry (except for special events listed on their website). Open Wed to Sun 5pm until late. Men only on Wed, Fri & Sat.
Something out of date or missing? Contact us or leave a comment below.